Rodale

Friday, August 10, 2012

Best bike quotes

It's amazing what people can come up with whilst on two wheels. Here are a selection of some of the most interesting and insightful quotes on the subjects of bikes and cycling.

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." ~ Greg LeMond

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." ~ John F. Kennedy, Former U.S. President

"If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on." ~ Lance Armstrong

"It's not about the bike" ~ Lance Armstrong

"Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." ~ Mark Twain, American author and humorist

"Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use." ~ Charles Schultz, creator of the Peanuts comic strip

"Life is like riding a bicycle. In order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." ~ Albert Einstein

"I thought of that while riding my bicycle." ~ Albert Einstein on the Theory of Relativity

"The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine." ~ John Howard

"Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race." ~ H.G. Wells, English author

"As a kid I had a dream - I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got the bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bike in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it in my bed." ~ John Lennon

"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels." ~ Heinz Stucke, German long-distance touring cyclist

"The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets." ~ Christopher Morley, American author and editor

"Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~ James E. Starrs

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community." ~ Ann Strong

"Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world." ~ Grant Petersen

“Don’t buy upgrades, ride up grades.” ~ Eddy Merckx

"Ride lots." ~ Eddy Merckx

"As long as I breathe, I attack." ~ Bernard Hinault

"The bicycle is the noblest invention of mankind." ~ William Saroyan, Nobel prize winner

"The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked."  ~ Amy Webster

"Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity." ~ Lord Charles Beresford

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle." ~ David Attenborough, British broadcaster and naturalist

"Enough of this Sunday stroll. Let's hurt a little." ~ Muzzin, American Flyers

"Let them go, Tommy. They're nobodies. They'll die on the hill." ~ American Flyers

Have we missed a classic? Make sure you add it to the comments at the bottom of this article.



Original: BikeRadar.com Road Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment